Lane restrictions scheduled on US 95 in Yuma beginning Monday, April 1
Drivers should allow extra travel time and plan for possible delays
The Arizona Department of Transportation advises drivers to plan ahead for several months of lane restrictions on US 95 in Yuma.
Contractors are scheduled to improve the intersection of US 95 and Avenue 8E with an installation of a traffic signal, concrete pedestrian ramps and repaving.
The following restrictions will occur in Yuma from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays through Fridays beginning Monday, April 1, and ending in late October.
- US 95 will be narrowed to one lane in both directions between Avenue 7E and (milepost 30.67) and Avenue 8E (milepost 31.17)
- The speed limit on US 95 will be reduced to 45 mph.
- Traffic will be maintained along Avenue 8E during construction with intermittent closures during traffic signal installation and pavement work.
- The speed limit on Avenue 8E will be reduced to 40 mph.
- Flaggers will direct motorists through the work zone.
- An 11-foot vehicle width restriction will be in place.
- Local traffic can use 24th Street from Araby Road to Avenue 9E to avoid the area during working hours.
- Bypass traffic can use Interstate 8 from the 16th Street Exit to the Fortuna Road Exit to north Highway 95 for access to the Yuma Proving Grounds and Quartzsite.
Motorists should allow extra travel time and plan for possible delays while work is underway.