As the Arizona Department of Transportation begins a pavement-preservation project on SR 95 between Beacon Road and East Riverside Drive, drivers should plan for restrictions in the project area beginning at 7 a.m. Monday, Dec. 10.
Contractors are scheduled to replace guardrail as part of a project to improve pavement between Beacon Road (milepost 148) and Buckskin Mountain State Park (milepost 155) in Parker.
Work is scheduled to occur from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays, and from 7 a.m. to noon on Fridays. The following restrictions are scheduled to be in place through Thursday, Dec. 20. Work is scheduled to resume on Monday, Jan. 7, and continue through June.
- SR 95 will be narrowed to one lane in both directions.
- Note: Restrictions will be lifted from Friday, Dec. 21, through Monday, Jan. 7, because of the Christmas and New Year’s Day holidays. Restrictions will also lifted on holidays in 2019 including Civil Rights Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day and Independence Day.
- Motorists should anticipate up to 3 miles of lane closures daily while crews progress through the work zone.
- A 14-foot vehicle width restriction will be in place.
- The speed limit will be reduced to 35 mph.
- Flaggers and a pilot truck will direct motorists through a 1-mile stretch in the work zone.
ADOT reminds motorists to plan for heavy traffic, reduced speed limits and delays. The project is scheduled to be completed by September 2019.
Driver should plan ahead for lane restrictions and allow extra travel time while construction is underway. Drivers are asked to use caution, obey posted speed limits and traffic control devices and use caution around construction personnel and equipment.
If you would like to receive project updates and traffic alerts, please subscribe for email updates. Schedules are subject to change based on weather and other unforeseen factors.