Southeast District Projects

Intersection Improvement Project at Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) Road 6 and US 70 on the San Carlos Apache Reservation

Project Description

The Arizona Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and San Carlos Apache Tribe are making improvements to enhance safety and traffic flow at the intersection of BIA Road 6 and US 70. The project is located on the San Carlos Apache Reservation in Gila County, approximately seven miles southeast of Globe.

Work includes the following:

  • Constructing a right‐turn lane for westbound US 70 to northbound BIA 6
  • Constructing an acceleration lane for traffic entering westbound US 70 from southbound BIA 6
  • Installing a drainage culvert
  • Milling and replacing pavement on US 70 and BIA 6
  • Replacing the existing cattle guard across BIA 6
  • Removing and replacing the existing guardrail and fencing
  • Other improvement work
Stay Informed:

Call the ADOT Project Information Line at 855.712.8530 or email with questions or comments.

If you would like to be notified via email for project information and traffic alerts, please subscribe for email updates.

The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil RightsTitle VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964 y la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés), el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT por sus siglas en inglés) no discrimina por raza, color, nacionalidad, edad, género o discapacidad.  Personas que requieren asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o por discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más pronto posible para asegurar que el equipo encargado del proyecto tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.