The Arizona Department of Transportation advises drivers to plan for restrictions and allow extra travel time as an intersection-widening project will begin at SR 92 and Foothills Drive in Sierra Vista.
The $3.6 million project located in Cochise County includes widening the intersection at Foothills Drive; making traffic signal and drainage improvements; constructing sidewalks, sidewalk ramps, a curb and gutter; installing pavement markings; and other related work.
- Crews are scheduled to work from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays.
- Shoulder and lane restrictions (left and right turn lanes) will be scheduled on SR 92 and Foothills Drive.
- The speed limit will be reduced to 35 mph in the work zones.
- Pedestrian and business access will remain open
- Expect up to 15-minute delays.
Drivers should proceed through the work zone with caution, slow down and watch for construction personnel and equipment.
Schedules are subject to change based on weather and other unforeseen factors. For real-time highway conditions statewide, visit ADOT’s Traveler Information Site at www.az511.gov, follow ADOT on Twitter (@ArizonaDOT) or call 511, except while driving.