Restrictions on State Route 86 (Ajo Way) continue between Fuller and Valencia roads in October
Drivers should plan for heavy delays
The Arizona Department of Transportation advises drivers to plan for the following restrictions as construction on State Route 86 (Ajo Way) continues between Fuller and Valencia roads:
- SR 86 will be reduced to one lane in bothdirections from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays for pavement work.
- Pavement repair between Fuller and Valencia roads is scheduled on Friday, Oct. 13, from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. at various locations at 500-foot restriction at a time.
- The chip seal operation between Fuller and Valencia roads will start on Wednesday, Oct. 18, for approximately two weeks at increments of two miles at a time.
- Driveways and access roads on SR 86 between Fuller and Valencia roads will remain open.
- Traffic will be alternated to the open lane and guided through the work zone by a pilot vehicle, work crews and traffic devices.
- The roadway will be a “no passing zone” and motorists will encounter uneven pavement and rough terrain.
- Motorists should obey the reduced speed limit and expect heavy delays.
The work is part of a project to improve an 11-mile segment of SR 86 between Fuller and Valencia roads.
ADOT works to inform the public about planned highway restrictions and closures, but it’s possible that unscheduled impacts might occur because of weather or other factors. For the most current information about highway conditions statewide, visit ADOT’s Traveler Information Site at www.az511.gov follow ADOT on Twitter (@ArizonaDOT) or call 511, except while driving.