Ina Road Traffic Interchange reconstruction continues; west side bridge gone
Ina Road open for business east and west of I-10; Westbound Orange Grove Road exit shifted to Sunset Road
The Interstate 10, Ina Road traffic interchange reconstruction project activities continue as crews move forward with constructing the eastbound I-10 (west side) which includes widening I-10 to accommodate an additional lane in each direction and widening Ina Road from Silverbell Road to Camino de la Cruz to improve traffic flow in the area.
The eastbound I-10 (west side) bridge was demolished on Feb. 22, to allow crews to begin the reconstruction and widening. View a short video of the demolition.
The following restrictions are in place:
- Ina Road at I-10, including the east- and westbound I-10 on- and off-ramps at Ina Road, is closed through early 2019. Ina Road, east and west of I-10, will remain open and ADOT will maintain access to all businesses in the work zone for the duration of the project.
- The westbound I-10 off-ramp at Orange Grove Road has been shifted to Sunset Road through early 2019. Drivers must exit at the westbound I-10 off-ramp at Sunset Road to access Orange Grove Road. The westbound on-ramp and the eastbound on-and off-ramps at Orange Grove are open.
- All westbound I-10 traffic between Orange Grove and Cortaro roads has been shifted to the westbound I-10 frontage road through February 2018.
- All eastbound I-10 traffic between Orange Grove and Cortaro roads has been shifted to westbound I-10 through February 2018.
- Watch for new stop signs on east- and westbound I-10 frontage roads at Sunset Road in place for approximately 25 months.
- The eastbound I-10 frontage road can be accessed from Ina Road via a new access road, west of I-10.
- The eastbound I-10 frontage road between Gillette Road and Starcommerce Way is a two-way roadway. All eastbound frontage road traffic must turn right at Starcommerce Way.
- Ina Road is narrowed to one lane in each direction between I-10 and Silverbell Road and traffic has been shifted to the north side of the road through fall of 2017.
- Massingale Road is closed at the westbound I-10 frontage road through late 2018 while the frontage road is reconstructed. Drivers should use Camino de Oeste instead.
- The project also includes reconstruction of the Ina Road bridges over the Santa Cruz River. This work has closed the Pima County Loop Trail, south of Ina Road at Ted Walker Road and north of Ina Road at the Crossroads at Silverbell District Park, for approximately two years. Once the bridge project is completed, there will be Loop Trail underpasses on each side of the Santa Cruz River, new bike lanes and sidewalks along Ina Road and ramps to Ina Road that are compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
ADOT works to inform the public about planned highway restrictions and closures, but it’s possible that unscheduled impacts might occur because of weather or other factors. For the most current information about highway conditions statewide, visit ADOT’s Traveler Information Site at www.az511.gov follow ADOT on Twitter (@ArizonaDOT) or call 511, except while driving.
For more information about this project, please call the ADOT Project Information Line at 855.712.8530 or email Projects@azdot.gov with questions or comments.