The Arizona Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration, Pima Association of Governments/RTA and the town of Marana are working to improve the Interstate 10/Ina Road interchange area.
Key project elements:
- Reconstruct the I-10/Ina Road interchange
- Widen I-10 to three lanes in each direction
- Widen Ina Road to two lanes in each direction from Silverbell Road to Camino de la Cruz
- Eliminate the at-grade crossing of Ina Road and the Union Pacific Railroad (UPRR)
- Lower I-10 to run beneath Ina Road and raise Ina Road to run above I-10
- Reconstruct the I-10 frontage roads
- Build two Ina Road bridges over the Santa Cruz River
The improvements meet the long-range planning objectives of ADOT, the town of Marana, Pima County, Pima Association of Governments and the RTA and improve the capacity, public safety and operational characteristics of the Ina Road traffic interchange. This project will also remain sensitive to environmental concerns and cultural resources.