UPDATE: Final striping on SR 77 north of Tucson – project complete
State Route 77 (Oracle Road) between Tangerine Road and the Pinal County line has overnight lane closures through Thursday (Aug. 18) from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. and again on Sunday (Aug. 21) through Thursday (Aug. 25) for final striping. The work schedule is being extended due to weather and equipment issues and is the final major step toward the completion of the two-year construction project.
This permanent striping follows the final paving on the corridor which was completed in July. Some sections of SR 77 did not receive rubberized pavement due to concerns of raveling over long periods of time with traffic stopping, starting and turning over and across it.
Project improvements included:
- An additional 12-foot wide travel lane in each direction for a total of six travel lanes throughout the project area
- 10-foot wide shoulders allowing cyclists to use widened shoulders (7-foot wide with curb in Catalina)
- Raised-center medians and left-turn lanes in the Catalina area
- Retaining walls
- Sound barriers
- Traffic signal improvements
- Drainage improvements
- Shared-use path on the east side of Oracle Road from Wilds Road to Eagle Crest Ranch Boulevard
- Two wildlife crossing structures
ADOT would like to thank everyone for their patience and diligence during this very important project.
For more information about this project, please call Paki Rico at 520.388.4233, email [email protected].