Final overnight paving on SR 77 north of Tucson begins June 19
The final paving on State Route 77 (Oracle Road) between Tangerine Road and the Pinal County line will begin nightly on Sunday (June 19) to Thursday (June 23) from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. The work will include temporary striping and shoulder work. Final striping is scheduled to begin 30 days after the paving is complete in late July.
The project improvements included:
- An additional 12-foot wide travel lane in each direction for a total of six travel lanes throughout the project area
- 10-foot wide shoulders allowing cyclists to use widened shoulders (7-foot wide with curb in Catalina)
- Raised-center medians and left-turn lanes in the Catalina area
- Retaining walls
- Sound barriers
- Traffic signal improvements
- Drainage improvements
- Shared-use path on the east side of Oracle Road from Wilds Road to Eagle Crest Ranch Boulevard
- Two wildlife crossing structures
For more information about this project, please call Paki Rico at 520.388.4233, email [email protected].