The Arizona Department of Transportation in conjunction with the Federal Highway Administration is planning to widen State Route 89 to accommodate a dedicated north- and southbound right-turn lane and left-turn lanes at the post office and gas station complexes in Paulden. Additionally, the widening will include right-turn lanes on southbound State Route 89 at Midway Drive/Sweet Valley Road, a northbound left-turn lane at Paulden’s RV Park and United Way, and a northbound right-turn lane at the post office.
The work also includes the following:
- Widen State Route 89 for a southbound right turn lane at Sweet Valley Road
- Widen State Route 89 for north- and southbound left and right turn lanes for the RV Parks, Pink Store and post office driveways
- Install a raised concrete median between the Sweet Valley Road and RV Parks driveways left-turn bays
- Install a raised concrete median north of United Way
- Install roadway lighting between the RV Parks, Pink Store and post office driveways
- Modify roadway signage
Construction is anticipated to begin in December 2018 and last approximately six months. The project will occur within ADOT right of way and adjacent to private lands. The purpose of widening State Route 89 within the project limits is to provide additional turning lanes to separate through and turning movements.
For more Information contact:
Deborrah Miller, Community Relations Project Manager, ADOT Northwest District