The Arizona Department of Transportation in conjunction with the Federal Highway Administration is planning to repair three bridges on Business Route 40 (I-40B) in Seligman, located in Yavapai County, Arizona. Work will occur at the West Seligman Traffic Interchange (TI) Overpass located on I-40B at milepost 138; West Seligman Burlington Northern-Santa Fe Railroad Overpass located on I-40B at milepost 139; and West Seligman Overpass located on I-40B at milepost 139.45.
Construction is scheduled to begin in the spring of 2018 with a break during the 2018-2019 winter season. Final project completion is anticipated in fall of 2019. The purposes of the project are to replace the damaged elements of the bridges, and complete other upgrades to increase the lifespan of the bridges. The project includes:
- Replacing the deck portions of the three bridges
- Removing and replacing guardrails as needed
- Reconstructing approximately 40 feet of road on either side of the bridges
- Repairing embankment damaged by erosion
- Removing and replacing of the approach slabs and joints
Project Area Map