Northeast District Projects

US 160: Chinle Wash Bridge Replacement Project

Map - US 160 Chinle Wash Bridge

US 160 on the Navajo Nation 


Bridge replacement project


The Arizona Department of Transportation is initiating a bridge-replacement project on US 160 near milepost 429, west of Mexican Water on the Navajo Nation in the far northeastern part of Arizona.  Crews will remove the existing bridge and replace it with a new, precast concrete bridge. In addition, the $6 million project consists of realigning the roadway, installing new pavement markings and other related work. The new three-span bridge will be 280 feet long and nearly nine feet wider than the existing bridge.

Traffic Impacts:
  • Motor-vehicle traffic on the bridge is scheduled to be reduced to one lane only from May through November. 
  • A temporary traffic signal will be in place during this time to allow for alternating travel in both directions through the construction zone. Motorists should plan for extra travel time as delays up to 20 minutes are expected during the bridge-replacement project.
Jerry McCoy, Community Relations project manager

The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil RightsTitle VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964 y la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés), el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT por sus siglas en inglés) no discrimina por raza, color, nacionalidad, o discapacidad.  Personas que requieren asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o por discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más pronto posible para asegurar que el equipo encargado del proyecto tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.