The Arizona Department of Transportation and the Federal Highway Administration are replacing the bridges on Interstate 40 at Exit 185 near the community of Bellemont, approximately 13 miles west of Flagstaff in Coconino County. Crews will remove and replace the upper portion of the existing bridges, widen the on-ramps at this location and repair the pavement on Transwestern Road at the ramp intersections.
The project is scheduled to begin July 8 with completion scheduled for fall 2019.
The following restrictions will be required this fall:
- An eight-day FULL closure of Transwestern Road at Bellemont (Exit 185) will be required in early fall. During this around-the-clock closure:
- Both directions of I-40 will be re-routed onto the ramps alongside I-40 through the construction zone during the following times:
- Around-the-clock on weekends beginning 6 p.m. Fridays through 6 a.m. Mondays
- Weekdays from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Bellemont traffic accessing I-40 ramps across the Transwestern Road closure will be detoured to the next exit to re-enter the interstate.
- Lane restrictions in both directions of I-40
- On- and off-ramp closures at Bellemont (Exit 185)
ADOT will provide advance notice of restrictions and closures.