The Arizona Department of Transportation is preparing for a pavement-preservation project on the Loop 303 (Bob Stump Memorial Parkway) in the cities of Goodyear, Glendale, Peoria, and Surprise in Maricopa County. Work will occur on the Loop 303 between the Interstate 10 and west Happy Valley Parkway traffic interchanges and will impact travel in both directions, and all the on- and off-ramps in this work zone.
The project is scheduled to begin late Friday, Sept. 21, and is scheduled for completion by 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22.
What to expect:
- Northbound and southbound Loop 303 will be closed between I-10 and the west Happy Valley Parkway interchange – including on- and off-ramps in the work zone – beginning at 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 21. Rolling openings will occur as work is completed, with all closures lifted by 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22.
- The traffic interchanges at I-10 and Loop 303 and the southbound traffic interchange at Loop 303 and Happy Valley Parkway will be closed while work is underway.
Drivers should plan for heavy traffic and delays and plan to use alternate routes.
Alternate Routes for Non-Commercial Vehicles:
- Northbound local traffic between I-10 and U.S. 60 (Grand Avenue) will be routed to Sarival Road.
- Southbound local traffic between U.S. 60 and I-10 will be routed to Cotton Lane.
- Northbound local traffic between U.S. 60 and west Happy Valley Parkway will be routed to 99th Avenue
Attention Commercial Vehicles:
- Heavy commercial vehicles must use Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) or Interstate 17 as alternate routes.
For questions or comments, call the ADOT Project Information Line at or email Projects@azdot.gov.
Please subscribe to receive project updates and traffic alerts by email. Schedules are subject to change because of weather and other unforeseen factors.