Central District Projects
Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway)
Construction Alerts and Notices
Southern and 59th avenues Construction Yard
|Connect 202 Partners (C202P), the developer responsible for designing and building the South Mountain Freeway, established a construction yard at Southern and 59th avenues to store equipment and materials needed for construction of the Salt River bridges. A lined basin will also be onsite to provide water for dust control.
What to Expect:
- Construction traffic accessing the site from Southern Avenue.
- Construction traffic turning north from Southern Avenue onto the existing road west of the power lines.
- Approximately 10 trucks delivering materials daily.
- Most activity occurs weekdays from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Spanish version available
Early-to Mid 2018 Construction Schedule (Anticipated)
To complete the work currently scheduled through mid-2018, the following street restrictions and closures are anticipated. Actual dates and times of restrictions and closures will be published in the weekly traffic alerts.
- Closure of Southern Avenue between 61st Avenue and 64th Place through March 2018
- Closure of Elliot Road west of 59th Avenue through March 2018
- Closure of Estrella Drive between 59th and 51st avenues for up to 150 days
- Traffic shifts on Baseline Road between 63rd and 59th avenues for bridge construction
- Truck dirt hauls at night along Broadway Road and 59th Avenue
To receive advance notice of upcoming traffic restrictions, sign-up for weekly traffic alerts.
Residents, business owners, schools and homeowner’s associations who may be directly impacted by construction will receive additional notices.