Central District Projects
Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway)
32nd Lane to I-10 (Maricopa Freeway)
Controlled Rock Blasting
Construction Alerts and Notices
Beginning in February, traffic on Pecos Road and 17th Avenue will be shifted to allow construction of the Desert Foothills Parkway and 17th Avenue interchanges.
What to Expect:
Pecos Road traffic shifted to the Loop 202 freeway lanes between 17th Avenue and Desert Foothills Parkway
Traffic will use the new westbound off-ramp at 17th Avenue
17th Avenue traffic between Cottonwood Lane and Loop 202 restricted to one lane in each direction and shifted to the east side of the road
Intersection at Desert Foothills Parkway and Pecos Road shifted to the west
Construction will occur during daytime and overnight hours
Large trucks and cranes present
For safety, back-up alarms and jobsite lighting will be in use
Observe posted speed limits
Larger and Spanish Versions Available
Westbound Liberty Lane Closed 12th Way to Desert Foothills Parkway - January 24 through February
Westbound Liberty Lane will be closed between 12th Way and Desert Foothills Parkway to mill and resurface the north side of the roadway. Westbound traffic on Liberty Lane will be detoured at 12th Way. Temporary traffic restrictions and cross-street closures will continue on Liberty Lane and Desert Foothills Parkway through February to complete asphalt paving.
When paving is complete, traffic restrictions on Liberty Lane will be removed until a final sealant is applied to the pavement and lanes will be re-striped. During the sealing and striping operation, traffic on Liberty Lane will be shifted to one side of the roadway, with one lane of travel in each direction.
Larger and Spanish version available
What to Expect:
- Work hours: 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday to Saturday
- Noise from the milling operation on January 24 - 25
- Traffic shifts on Liberty Lane during paving operations
- Temporary, 15-minute closures of cross-streets while intersections along Liberty Lane are paved
- Flaggers used as needed to assist local traffic
- For safety, backup alarms and jobsite lighting utilized
Late-2018 to Mid-2019 Construction Schedule (Anticipated)
To complete the work currently scheduled through mid-2018, the following street restrictions and closures are anticipated. Actual dates and times of restrictions and closures will be published in the weekly traffic alerts.
- Weekend and night closures of arterial cross streets to complete bridge construction
- Temporary traffic restrictions on Pecos Road, Desert Foothills Parkway and 17th Avenue during controlled rock blasting
- Lane restrictions on local streets for utility relocation
- Traffic shifts on Desert Foothills Parkway for bridge construction
- Truck dirt hauls at night along Pecos Road
To receive advance notice of upcoming traffic restrictions, sign-up for weekly traffic alerts.
Residents, business owners, schools and homeowner’s associations who may be directly impacted by construction will receive additional notices.