Central District Projects
Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway)
32nd Lane to I-10 (Maricopa Freeway)
Controlled Rock Blasting
Construction Alerts and Notices
Liberty Lane Waterline Construction - Week of February 26 - June 2018
A City of Phoenix 48-inch wide waterline will be relocated from the freeway right-of-way to Liberty Lane between Desert Foothills Parkway and 24th Street. Once complete, the new underground pipe will be tied into the City of Phoenix water system. Residents and businesses will be notified in advance if any temporary water shut-offs are needed.
During construction, Liberty Lane will be restricted to eastbound traffic only; the westbound lane will be closed. Access will be maintained to local schools, gyms, churches and streets on the north and south sides of Liberty Lane.
What to Expect:
- Work hours before May 1: Mon-Sat, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Work hours after May 1: Mon-Sat, 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday and after-hours work may be necessary
- Full closure of Liberty Lane east of 18th Way for one weekend in late May or early June
- Temporary cross street closures and detours necessary
- Loud noises from breaking up rock when trenching and installing the 48-inch wide pipe
- For safety, backup alarms and jobsite lighting utilized
- Traffic control in place throughout closure
- Westbound shoulders and bike lanes closed; reduced speed limit enforced through the construction zone
- Lane restrictions will continue once the installation is complete for roadway repair, repaving and other construction
- Construction must be completed prior to the increase in water demand during the summer months
Larger and Spanish version available
Early-to Mid 2018 Construction Schedule (Anticipated)
To complete the work currently scheduled through mid-2018, the following street restrictions and closures are anticipated. Actual dates and times of restrictions and closures will be published in the weekly traffic alerts.
- Weekend and night closures of arterial cross streets to complete bridge construction
- Temporary traffic restrictions on Pecos Road, Desert Foothills Parkway and 17th Avenue during controlled rock blasting
- Lane restrictions on local streets for utility relocation
- Traffic shifts on Desert Foothills Parkway for bridge construction
- Truck dirt hauls at night along Pecos Road
To receive advance notice of upcoming traffic restrictions, sign-up for weekly traffic alerts.
Residents, business owners, schools and homeowner’s associations who may be directly impacted by construction will receive additional notices.