Central District Projects
Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway)
I-10 (Papago Freeway) between 75th and 43rd avenues and south to Lower Buckeye Road
Construction Alerts and Notices
To build the interchange connecting the South Mountain Freeway to the I-10 Papago Freeway, I-10 ramps between 67th and 51st avenues will be reconstructed. This will require the ramps to be closed for one to two months. Weekend closures of I-10 will also be necessary.
What to Expect:
I-10 Weekend Closures
Eastbound I-10 closed between 59th and 43rd avenues from 9 p.m. Friday, February 9 to 5 a.m. Monday, February 12
- 75th, 67th and 59th Avenue on-ramps closed
- Detour: 59th Avenue to Van Buren Street or McDowell Road. Traffic reenters I-10 at 43rd Avenue
- I-10 westbound off-ramp at 51st Avenue closed from Saturday, January 27 to Saturday, March 3
- I-10 eastbound on-ramp at 51st Avenue closed from Saturday, February 10 to Saturday, March 17
- I-10 eastbound off-ramp at 67th Avenue will be closed in mid-February or early March for up to 40 days
Dates and times are subject to change. Ramp closures are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week during the time period indicated above. Please visit SouthMountainFreeway.com and AZ511 before traveling on I-10. Commuters should
expect continued delays and consider using alternate routes, including Valley Metro express bus routes. Please visit SharetheRide.com for information on car or vanpools.
Early-to Mid 2018 Construction Schedule (Anticipated)
To complete the work currently scheduled through mid-2018, the following street and freeway restrictions and closures are anticipated. Actual dates and times of restrictions and closures will be published in the weekly traffic alerts.
- Periodic weekend and night closures of I-10 Papago Freeway at 59th Avenue for bridge construction
- Extended closures of I-10 ramps from 67th to 51st avenues to allow reconstruction of existing ramps and construction of new access roads
- Permanent closure of 59th Avenue ramps after access roads open
- Truck dirt hauls at night along 59th Avenue
- Periodic restrictions on cross streets
To receive advance notice of upcoming traffic restrictions, sign-up for weekly traffic alerts.
Residents, business owners, schools and homeowner’s associations who may be directly impacted by construction will receive additional notices.