Central District Projects
Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) Roadway Surface Repairs: Loop 101 (Price Freeway) to US 60 (Superstition Freeway)
An urgently needed project to repair 21 miles of the Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) in Chandler, Gilbert and Mesa is scheduled to occur over two weekends in May 2019. The freeway will be closed in both directions while work to fill in numerous potholes and preserve the pavement surface is underway.
What to Expect:
- Work is scheduled to occur in two sections of the freeway over two weekends. The first section is between US 60 and Williams Field Road. The second section is between Williams Field Road and Loop 101 (Price Freeway). The two sections of the freeway will not be closed at the same time.
- Drivers can use local streets as alternate routes while the freeway is fully closed. Expect traffic on local east-west streets to be heavier than usual.
- ALLOW EXTRA TRAVEL TIME.
May 3-6, 2019
The Loop 202 will be closed in both directions between the US 60 and Williams Field Road from 10 p.m. Friday, May 3, to 3 a.m. Monday, May 6. Also:
- State Route 24 will be closed at Ellsworth Road.
- The interchange ramps from east and westbound US 60 to westbound Loop 202 will be closed.
- The Loop 202 on- and off-ramps at Baseline, Guadalupe, Elliot, Hawes, Power, Higley and Williams Field roads will be closed.
May 10-13, 2019:
The Loop 202 will be closed in both directions between Williams Field Road and the Loop 101 from 10 p.m. Friday, May 10, to 3 a.m. Monday, May 13. Also:
- The interchange ramp from southbound Loop 101 to eastbound Loop 202 will be closed.
- The ramp from Williams Field Road to westbound Loop 202 will be closed, as well as the Loop 202 on- and off-ramps at Santan Village Parkway, Val Vista Drive, Gilbert, Cooper and McQueen roads, Arizona Avenue and Alma School, Dobson and Price roads.
Schedules are subject to change based on weather and other unforeseen factors. Subscribe to receive project updates and traffic alerts by email. For more information, please call the ADOT Bilingual Project Information Line at 855.712.8530 or submit a question or comment by email. For real-time highway conditions statewide, visit ADOT’s Traveler Information Site at www.az511.gov, follow ADOT on Twitter (@ArizonaDOT) or call 511, except while driving.