Transportation Studies

Nogales Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan/Royal Road Multi-Use Path

The City of Nogales, Arizona strives to be a Pedestrian and Bicycling friendly community.  The Nogales Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan/Royal Road Multi-Use Path is a guiding document providing direction on pedestrian and bicycling investments within the city.  The ability to bike and walk are important to Nogales’ future as they potentially alleviate several challenges such as safety, connectivity and public health; all while providing a sense of community.  By planning a multi-modal transportation network, the city can enhance the overall lifestyle and livability of the community. 

Study Area:

Nogales, Arizona is 20 square miles and located within Santa Cruz County on the border of Arizona and Mexico.  The city shares 5 miles of the United States and Mexico border and is a key location for border crossings.
Nogales Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan/Royal Road Multi-use Path Study Map

Working Papers:

Working Paper 1: Current and Future Conditions

The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil Rights

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other nondiscrimination laws and authorities, ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés) y otras normas y leyes antidiscriminatorias, el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT) no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad o discapacidad. Las personas que requieran asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles de ADOT en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más antes posible para asegurar que el Estado tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.