Replace your license or identification card online if:
- Your license or ID is lost, stolen, destroyed or damaged.
- Your address has changed.
- You wish to convert a graduated license to an Under 21 driver license (anytime on or after your birthday).
- You wish to convert an Under 21 license to a regular driver license (anytime on or after your birthday).
Replace your license or identification card at an MVD office or Authorized Third Party Driver License provider if:
- Your name has changed. Read more
- You wish to remove your Social Security number from your license.
- You wish to update your photo.
Renew Your Driver License
You may renew your driver license up to six months before the expiration date of your current license. You must complete a Driver License / Identification Card Application, visit an MVD office or Authorized Third Party Driver License provider, have a new photo taken and pass a vision screening. Renewals cannot be completed online.
You will submit your current driver license as your primary identification document and you will need a secondary form of identification for a standard driver license renewal. See Identification Requirements
for a list of acceptable proof of identification.
After completing the renewal process you will receive a temporary license valid for 30 days. Your permanent license will be mailed to the address you provide. Please make sure the address is correct.
Consider a Travel ID When You Renew
Effective October 2020, the standard Arizona Driver License will no longer be accepted to pass through airport security to board commercial aircraft as well as access restricted areas in federal facilities, nuclear power plants and military facilities. The REAL ID compliant Travel ID will be accepted.
The cost for the Travel ID is $25 for first time issuance and renewals. In most instances, it will be valid for eight years.
More information on the Travel ID