Commercial Driver License

License Information


New or Transfer from Another State

Class A or B: $25

Class C (must include a P endorsement or HME): $12.50

Please add $10 for each endorsement you require (hazmat, tanker, doubles/triples or passenger). Motorcycle endorsement is $7. Please see the Commercial Driver License FAQ for additional fees.

  • $12
  • Class A or B: $15
  • Class C: $10
  • HME: $10 (knowledge test required)
Required Road/Skills Tests
  • Class A or B vehicle: $25
  • Class C vehicle: $12.50
  • Passenger or school bus endorsement: $5 (when adding to an existing CDL) 
Other Fees

Motor Vehicle Record, 39-Month: $3

Motor Vehicle Record, Certified 5-Year or 10-Year: $5

Abandoned Vehicle Fee: $500

Abandoned Vehicle Fee (on federal land): $600

Returned Check Fee: $25

If your license is revoked, disqualified, suspended or canceled, you may be required to pay another application fee in addition to a reinstatement fee.

Payment may be made by cash, check, traveler’s check or money order (payable to Motor Vehicle Division) for most fees; credit cards may be used at some offices. Returned check and reinstatement fees may not be paid by check.

The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil Rights

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other nondiscrimination laws and authorities, ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés) y otras normas y leyes antidiscriminatorias, el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT) no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad o discapacidad. Las personas que requieran asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles de ADOT en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más antes posible para asegurar que el Estado tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.