Vehicle Services

Military Personnel

Registration Renewal

Arizona residents on active military duty stationed out of state may renew a vehicle registration:

  • Online (Fast, easy and secure)
  • Mail (pay by check or money order only)
    Motor Vehicle Division
    PO Box 29035
    Phoenix, AZ 85038

Note: All requests for fee exemptions or waivers must be processed in person or by mail.

If you own a vehicle that is located out of state at the time of registration renewal and is required to be emissions tested, you may apply for an out-of-state emissions exemption from the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality.

If a vehicle registration expires and the vehicle is not being driven or is in storage, a Registration Penalty Fee Waiver, Non-Use may be signed at the time of registration to waive the late registration penalties.

If you wish to maintain the current registration on a vehicle that you own or lease, but it is temporarily not being used, you may submit a De-Insured Certificate online.

If applying for or renewing an exemption, the registration renewal must be made by mail or in person at an MVD or Authorized Third Party office.

The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil Rights

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other nondiscrimination laws and authorities, ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés) y otras normas y leyes antidiscriminatorias, el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT) no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad o discapacidad. Las personas que requieran asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles de ADOT en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más antes posible para asegurar que el Estado tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.