Monday, December 17, 2018

Explore sights and sounds from an I-10 bridge deck pour

By Steve Elliott / ADOT Communications

When it comes to the art of transportation, few things are as striking as a bridge deck pour. In the video above and the photos below, a crew works through the night to put down concrete for the deck of an expanded I-10 interchange with Jimmie Kerr Boulevard in Casa Grande.

You'll even see a Bid-Well, the concrete-smoothing machine we told you about last week.

This effort is interesting beyond the wow factor, as it's a major step forward for a project widening 4 miles of I-10 to three lanes between Earley Road and Interstate 8.

Late next year, when ADOT completes this project and another underway between Eloy and Picacho, I-10 will be three lanes all the way between Tucson and State Route 387 near Casa Grande.

For more information on this project, please visit

I-10, Earley Road to I-8 Deck Pour_121218
Posted by Steve Elliott   |  Labels:  bridge, Construction, deck-pour, I-10, widening


The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil Rights

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other nondiscrimination laws and authorities, ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés) y otras normas y leyes antidiscriminatorias, el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT) no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad o discapacidad. Las personas que requieran asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles de ADOT en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más antes posible para asegurar que el Estado tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.