Friday, February 9, 2018

A specialty plate for your sweetheart


By Caroline Carpenter / ADOT Communications

Ever think of ADOT as a one-stop shop for Valentine’s Day? You might now.

Last year we told you where to go to celebrate love in Arizona. This year we’re giving you a one-of-a-kind gift idea for your sweetheart.

A specialty license plate is a unique gift and if you get it personalized, it’s a gift that can’t be duplicated. It’s also the gift that keeps on giving. Each year $17 of the specialty plate fee will be directed to the charitable cause or service the plate represents.

Anyone can purchase a plate for someone else, but you do need a little information. If you have the last two digits of the vehicle identification number, the customer’s name and address, and the number of the plate being replaced, you can place an order. Most plates can be ordered online at The plate will then be mailed to the recipient.

With more than 40 different specialty plates, you can probably find a plate that will make your Valentine swoon.
Posted by Caroline Carpenter   |  Labels:  license-plate, MVD, specialty-plate, Valentine's-Day


The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil Rights

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other nondiscrimination laws and authorities, ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés) y otras normas y leyes antidiscriminatorias, el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT) no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad o discapacidad. Las personas que requieran asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles de ADOT en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más antes posible para asegurar que el Estado tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.