Friday, December 29, 2017

Plan ahead for New Year’s Eve revelry

Just Buzzed

By Doug Pacey / ADOT Communications

There’s never a good time to drink and drive. But playing the I-just-had-two-drinks-and-I’m-OK-to-make-home-game during a festive holiday like New Year’s Eve is plain stupid. State, county and local law enforcement agencies will be out in force looking for impaired drivers and the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety is supporting DUI patrols statewide.

The alternatives to driving drunk are endless: designate a driver, call a cab or ride service, take light rail, call AAA's Tipsy Tow, or sleep it off at a friend’s house, to name a few options.

Not only can driving drunk kill – last year, alcohol was a factor in three fatal crashes during the New Year’s holiday – it can be costly, too. The Arizona Department of Public Safety lays out the penalties for a DUI.

In the days leading up to New Year’s Eve, overhead message boards will remind drivers to stay sober behind the wheel. Enjoy ringing in the new year, but do it safely.
Posted by Caroline Carpenter   |  Labels:  dms, New-Year, overhead-freeway-signs, overhead-message-board, Safety, safety-message


The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil Rights

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other nondiscrimination laws and authorities, ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés) y otras normas y leyes antidiscriminatorias, el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT) no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad o discapacidad. Las personas que requieran asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles de ADOT en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más antes posible para asegurar que el Estado tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.