Wednesday, November 2, 2016

A new DIY option from the Motor Vehicle Division


By Doug Nick / ADOT Communications

If Dunder-Mifflin were an actual paper company, we think their goofy sales staff just might like this next idea. We think you will too.

We've made it easier for customers to print some MVD documents at home – on plain paper – instead of going to an MVD office.

Until now, if you needed a temporary credential like a duplicate driver license or ID card, you had to get it at an MVD office, where it would be printed on special tinted paper stock.

Some people assumed that the special paper added a layer of security. But since the temporary credentials are basically a receipt confirming that you'll get the permanent license or ID in the mail, using expensive tinted stock really didn’t matter.

So that requirement is gone, and you can go to to print these documents in the comfort of your own home, on your schedule.

If you do happen to find a Dunder-Mifflin store to take care of your paper needs, tell them we say, "Hi."
Posted by Caroline Carpenter   |  Labels:  Driver-License, ID-Card, MVD, Service-Arizona


The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil Rights

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other nondiscrimination laws and authorities, ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés) y otras normas y leyes antidiscriminatorias, el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT) no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad o discapacidad. Las personas que requieran asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles de ADOT en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más antes posible para asegurar que el Estado tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.