Friday, October 28, 2016

MVD specialty plate lets Arizonans join fight against breast cancer

bca-2mBy Doug Nick / ADOT Communications

Everyone agrees that cancer deserves a knockout punch. And ADOT’s Motor Vehicle Division is proud to offer Arizonans a way to help in the fight.

Since 2006, MVD has offered the Pink Ribbon breast cancer awareness specialty license plate. As Governor Doug Ducey reported this week, nearly 110,000 have been sold to date, raising $2 million.

Those millions have gone to the Arizona Department of Health Services' Well Woman HealthCheck Program, which helps pay for screening and treatment of breast and cervical cancer for uninsured Arizonans.

It’s just one of many worthy causes funded by specialty plates offered by MVD and fueled by your generosity.

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and it’s also a great time for all of us at ADOT to say thank you for making this program a success.

Posted by Steve Elliott   |  Labels:  breast-cancer, Motor-Vehicle-Division, MVD, Pink-Ribbon, Special-Plates


The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil Rights

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other nondiscrimination laws and authorities, ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés) y otras normas y leyes antidiscriminatorias, el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT) no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad o discapacidad. Las personas que requieran asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles de ADOT en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más antes posible para asegurar que el Estado tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.