Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Spring break on Arizona’s highways

us-93---overview-4 (1)

By Caroline Carpenter / ADOT Communications

Every year thousands of kids travel Arizona highways to reach their spring break destination. One of the hottest spots is Lake Havasu City. Many also drive through Arizona to reach the casinos of Las Vegas. And, in northern Arizona, you’ll find spring breakers houseboating on Lake Powell. That leads us to this question:

US 93 to Vegas is the correct answer! The latest stats show the weighted average monthly traffic volumes for US 93 in March between Kingman and the Nevada state line is 15,350 vehicles. Across Arizona, March is historically one of the busiest months on Arizona’s highways and interstates.

As always, we encourage spring breakers and all drivers to be safe on the roads.

As we mentioned in last week's post, spring breakers will see overhead signs with important safety messages as they travel Arizona's highways.

Posted by Caroline Carpenter   |  Labels:  highways, Safety, spring-break, transportation-safety


The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil Rights

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other nondiscrimination laws and authorities, ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés) y otras normas y leyes antidiscriminatorias, el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT) no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad o discapacidad. Las personas que requieran asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles de ADOT en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más antes posible para asegurar que el Estado tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.