Tuesday, March 31, 2015

US 89 south of Page repaired and open to traffic

In case you missed the big news from last week…

At about 4:15 p.m. on Friday, March 27, US 89 south of Page was reopened to traffic for the first time following the 2013 landslide that caused major damage to the roadway, requiring a 23-mile closure between the junction of State Route 98 in Page and US 89A near Bitter Springs.

We’ll have a video showing off the new stretch of road coming your way soon. But for now, we wanted to share these photos from opening day. School buses from the Page Unified School District were the first vehicles to pass through the newly rebuilt roadway!

For more than two years, community members – including school children – of Bitter Springs, Marble Canyon and Cedar Ridge have used alternate routes, including theTemporary US 89 route that was opened in August 2013, to and from the Page and Lake Powell areas following the US 89 landslide. For more details on the project, including all previous blog posts, visit our US 89 page.
Posted by Angela DeWelles   |  Labels:  US-89


The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil Rights

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other nondiscrimination laws and authorities, ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés) y otras normas y leyes antidiscriminatorias, el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT) no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad o discapacidad. Las personas que requieran asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles de ADOT en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más antes posible para asegurar que el Estado tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.