Thanks for reading!
We’ve reached a milestone, here on the ADOT Blog.
Today, we mark our 600th blog post! We thought we’d take this as an opportunity to say thank you to all of our readers
. We really appreciate everyone who takes the time to visit this blog!
Before we get started on the next 600, we want to look back and point out a few of our all-time favorite blogs post...
- Speaking of milestones, back in 2012, Arizona celebrated its Centennial. To mark the occasion, the ADOT Blog featured a really cool video that documented everything ADOT does in a single day. From construction projects and maintenance work to planning meetings and the MVD, the video gives a comprehensive look at ADOT’s many jobs across the state.
- Some of our favorite posts are the ones that highlight a transportation-related object or concept that most people don’t know too much about. This post on ADOT’s use of an accelerated weathering tester certainly falls into that category. The accelerated weathering tester is used by ADOT’s Materials Testing team to analyze how well paint will perform on ADOT projects, come rain or shine. We promise, the topic is an interesting one!
- We’re also really fond of blog posts that can answer the questions that motorists might think of as they’re driving through our state. For instance, have you ever wondered how ADOT cleans and maintains the I-10 Deck Park Tunnel? We’ve got the answer for you in this post from 2011!
- Featuring the good things that happen out on the road is always fun. This post tells the story of how two ADOT workers were able to rescue a dog off the highway and reunite her with her owners.
- Showing how ADOT plans for the future has been a big theme here on the blog. We especially liked this post from 2012 that explains how ADOT tests sign sheeting material to see how well it will hold up against the heat for years to come.
- We’ve developed a few series over the last 600 posts in order to better explain transportation and the state’s highway system. Transportation Defined, From the Archives, Vehicles of ADOT, Science of Transportation, Building a Freeway and From the Rearview Mirror (our newest) are all worth checking out!
- We can’t forget the videos! We’ve featured so many awesome ADOT videos on this blog. If you haven’t watched them all, you’re missing out!
Finally, we want say our thanks again and remind you that we’re open for feedback. Feel free to tell us about the types of stories and videos you want to see more of. Let us know the transportation questions you have that we haven’t answered yet.