Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Work wraps up on SR 64 improvement project

Construction had only recently started back when we first checked in on the SR 64 highway improvement project

That was about a year ago. Since then, well, just take a look at the video above and see for yourself how much this project has transformed the area’s landscape!

Work is now complete and the town of Tusayan (pop. 560) has a wider roadway, two new roundabouts, new bus pull-outs, enhanced landscaping, and several new crosswalks.

The upgrades were necessary because this small town happens to sit along the route leading to the popular south entrance of the Grand Canyon National Park. That means that Tusayan sees a lot of traffic (pedestrian and vehicle), so the lack of crosswalks and traffic signals had caused some concern.

The improvements are a welcome sight, according to Tusayan Mayor Greg Bryan. He says now people have a place to properly cross the street.

“The safety factor coming through Tusayan has been vastly improved,” Bryan said.
Posted by Angela DeWelles   |  Labels:  


The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil Rights

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other nondiscrimination laws and authorities, ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés) y otras normas y leyes antidiscriminatorias, el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT) no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad o discapacidad. Las personas que requieran asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles de ADOT en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más antes posible para asegurar que el Estado tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.