PHOENIX – The Arizona Department of Transportation will hold an informational meeting on Thursday, July 12, in Sedona about plans for safety, roadway and bridge improvements along 12 miles of State Route 89A between Sedona and Flagstaff.
The meeting will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, July 12, at the Sedona Public Library, 3250 White Bear Road. A formal presentation is scheduled for 6:30 p.m.
The four projects planned for this stretch of SR 89A beginning in 2019 will require traffic restrictions and are being coordinated to minimize impacts on those who live, work and recreate in the area. The work involves:
- Rehabilitating the Pumphouse Wash bridge.
- Rehabilitating pavement from the Sedona city limits north to Bear Howard Drive.
- Reducing the potential for rock fall between mileposts 375 and 389.
- Installing erosion control infrastructure.
More information on the projects is available at azdot.gov/SR89AImprovements
Project team members will be at the meeting to explain the improvements and share information about proposed construction schedules and traffic plans. The public can ask questions, provide comments and speak directly with project team members.
Those unable to attend the meeting can ask questions and submit comments in these ways:
- Toll-free ADOT bilingual project information line: 855.712.8530.
- Email: SR89A@hdrinc.com.
- Mail: SR 89A Projects c/o HDR, 101 N. First Ave., Ste. 1950, Phoenix, AZ 85003.
The deadline for comments is July 28.