Media Center


ADOT News Release

For additional information:

ADOT Media Relations



Copper theft forces closure of ADOT Motor Vehicle Division office

West Phoenix location on 51st Avenue to remain closed for repairs
August 12, 2013

PHOENIX — The theft of copper wiring from the Arizona Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Division office in West Phoenix has forced the closure of the office, located at 4005 N. 51st Ave. At this time, the facility is running on temporary power and is unable to provide any customer services.

Both the power and air conditioning systems were affected by the theft, which is estimated to have occurred early Monday morning. Repairs are estimated to take at least a day, at a cost of approximately $5,000.

ADOT staff members assigned to the 51st Avenue office are being redeployed to provide additional help at other Valley office locations. A complete list of Phoenix-area MVD office locations can be found online here.

Anyone with information on the copper theft is asked to call Phoenix Police and reference report 13-1428268.

The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil RightsTitle VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964 y la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés), el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT por sus siglas en inglés) no discrimina por raza, color, nacionalidad, edad, género o discapacidad.  Personas que requieren asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o por discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más pronto posible para asegurar que el equipo encargado del proyecto tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.