Programs and Partnerships
Local Public Agency
CA Recertification Submittal
Beginning fall of 2018, ADOT Local Public Agency Section will begin the recertification process for the existing eight Certified Acceptance (CA) agencies. Through the CA Agreement, ADOT and the CA Agency will adhere to the responsibilities and requirements set forth by Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) when implementing the Federal Aid Highway Program (FAHP) in Arizona. This page will show up-to-date information on the recertification process for current CA agencies and provide ADOT’s expectations for the CA Agency in delivering the FAHP, including the necessary project delivery processes and procedures.
CA Instructions For Recertification Submittals
The Certification Acceptance Assessment Packet provides guidance for the Agency to evaluate and/or develop procedures in the administrative areas identified in the CA Agreement for compliance in delivering the FAHP.
Below is the schedule with due dates and instructions for CA Assessment Packet section submittals. Completed section submittals must be uploaded using Citrix ShareFile, a secure, online file transfer and sharing tool. CA Liaisons will receive an email invite linking them to a CA Agency designated folder to upload submittals.
The packet contains a list of essential documents and assessment questions related to each administrative area requiring ADOT review and approval. It is not mandatory for the Agency to have a single procedural document or manual for delivering the FAHP; however, it is highly recommended.
1. Download the Certification Acceptance Assessment Packet submittal sections from the hyperlinks below:
*Extended from December 31, 2018
Download the complete Assessment Packet.
2. Title each submittal section using the naming convention below:
Date_CA Agency Name_Document Title
Example: 20181019_Scottsdale_Procurement (Consultant)
Each section submittal must contain the completed Assessment Questions page as the cover page.
CA Assessment Packet Guidance and Instructions
- Note the due date for the submittal of the checklist and corresponding document(s) listed. Documents provided after the final ADOT submittal date for that submittal may jeopardize the Agency’s CA status.
- Locate the Agency document(s) or manual(s) where procedures are housed for delivering FAHP projects.
- Compare and evaluate the current Agency procedures contained within the Agency’s document(s) or manual(s) with the questions on the checklist.
- Update the current Agency procedures, where necessary.
- Answer “yes” or “no” for each question. Provide a brief explanation for each “no” answer.
- Identify the document, page, and paragraph for each question.
- Fill in the “Prepared by” box identifying who in the Agency verified the Agency’s procedures and answered each question to complete the checklist.
- Submit the checklist and corresponding document(s) to the ADOT LPA Section.
- When submitting a document in its entirety, please include a Table of Contents (TOC).
- Please flag applicable pages within lengthy documents.
- Incomplete Assessment submittals will not be accepted. Should a CA Agency be unable to submit or complete their recertification as required, their 2019 Recertification may be placed at risk and necessitate projects to be transferred to ADOT. These actions would require intergovernmental agreements be established until the Agency is recertified.
CA Assessment Packet Commonly Used Acronyms
|| American Association of State Highway Transportation Officials
|| Americans with Disabilities Act
|| Arizona Department of Transportation
|| Business Engagement Compliance Office
|| Certification Acceptance
|| Code of Federal Regulations
|| Commercially Useful Function
|| Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
|| Engineering Consultants Section
|| Equal Employment Opportunity
|| DBE Special Provisions
|| Federal-aid Highway Program
|| Federal Highway Administration
|| Good Faith Effort
|| Intergovernmental Agreement
|| Local Public Agency
|| Maricopa Association of Governments
|| National Cooperative Highway Research Program
|| National Environmental Policy Act of 1969
|| National Highway System
|| Notice of Termination
|| On-the-Job Training
|| Quality Assurance
|| Pima Association of Governments
|| Plans, Specifications and Estimates
|| Qualifications Based Selection
|| Roadway Design Group
|| Request for Qualifications
|| Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan
Please send suggested agreement changes to Jennifer VanVenRoy
no later than December 7, 2018.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the recertification process, please contact Jennifer VanVenRoy at 602.712.8352 or JVanVenRoy@azdot.gov