Roadway Engineering

Drainage Design

Roadway Drainage oversees ADOT's drainage program by developing policies, guidelines and standards and conducting outside liaison activities. The team conducts drainage designs consisting of hydrologic analysis and hydraulic design of drainage appurtenances, performs reviews of ADOT and local government projects for compliance with policies and standards, and supports ADOT districts with review of drainage components on encroachment permit applications. In general, Roadway Drainage provides general operational support throughout the agency.

Drainage Reports

To request a digital copy of an available drainage report, email a request to Ghassan Aouad, P.E., and Roadway Drainage personnel will provide a digital copy of the requested report on an FTP website where it may be downloaded. The requestor must be working on an ADOT or a local government project, and the request must be submitted through the ADOT's or local government's project manager for that project.

All other requests must be made through ADOT Risk Management by email to or by fax to 602.712.6545.

The Arizona Ombudsman – Citizens Aide helps you resolve ongoing issues with State Agencies.

Civil Rights

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other nondiscrimination laws and authorities, ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact ADOT’s Civil Rights Office at Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.

De acuerdo con el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA por sus siglas en inglés) y otras normas y leyes antidiscriminatorias, el Departamento de Transporte de Arizona (ADOT) no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad o discapacidad. Las personas que requieran asistencia (dentro de lo razonable) ya sea por el idioma o discapacidad deben ponerse en contacto con la Oficina de Derechos Civiles de ADOT en Las solicitudes deben hacerse lo más antes posible para asegurar que el Estado tenga la oportunidad de hacer los arreglos necesarios.