Annual DBE Update
DBE Annual Update and Procedures
DBE certified firms are required to submit an Annual Update every year to maintain certification.
The Annual Updates are due from each certified firm as follows:
- DBE firms with names starting with A-J must submit an Annual Update by April 1 of the current year.
- DBE firms with names starting with K-Z must submit Annual Update by Oct. 1 of the current year.
Email reminders will be sent out prior to each deadline. Any firm that does not submit their Annual Update by the required due date may be decertified for failure to cooperate.
Annual Update Instructions
To complete the Annual Update, you will need to upload the following documents:
All information and required documentation must be submitted electronically on or before the due dates.
- The most current and complete sets of federal business taxes for your firm and all other affiliated firms. If you filed for an extension for the current tax year, please provide a copy of the filed extension along with the most current and complete federal business taxes.
- A signed and notarized No Change Affidavit (also available for download in the system).
- Proof of ongoing home state DBE Certification, if you are located out of state.
To access the DBE Annual Update online application, please follow these steps:
- Go to adot.dbesystem.com.
- Click on the “Apply for / Renew DBE Certification” button. Under the green “Renew Your Certification” heading, login to your profile or click on “lookup account” if you can’t remember your login information. Please note your username is your email address.
- Click on the “Apply for Certification/Registration” link on the top right hand corner of the page under the “Key Actions” section.
- Read the entire Online Application page and then select the appropriate options at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you have selected the primary location of your firm (in AZ or another state) then select “Submit Annual No Change Affidavit” application.
- Complete each section of the application as required, making sure to read and verify that all requested information is provided and accurate.
- Download and upload all mandatory documentation when requested. Make sure to download the “Affidavit of DBE Annual Update” and fill it out completely. No other affidavits will be accepted.
- Once all information and documentation is entered and uploaded, click the “Sign” button and then “Submit” to complete the application.
- The email reminders that are sent before the due dates will have step-by-step instructions on how to complete the Annual Update for you to reference.
Note: If you fail to sign and submit the application, the system will auto-delete within two weeks.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office at 602-712-7761 or for technical assistance with the website, please submit a support ticket located in the upper right-hand corner titled “Help/Support”.