Annual DBE Update
Changes to DBE Annual Update and Five-Year Certification Review Procedures
DBE Annual Updates will now be divided into two groups.
DBE Annual Update due dates have been changed for certified DBE firms to either April 1 or Oct. 1 of each year.
- DBE firms with names ending in A-J must submit an Annual Update by April 1, 2014.
- DBE firms with names ending in K-Z must submit Annual Update by Oct. 1, 2014.
- Email reminders will be sent 45, 30 and 15 days prior to each deadline.
- On April 4, 2014, and Oct. 4, 2014, firms failing to complete their DBE Annual Update will be issued a past due letter and their certification will be removed for failure to cooperate.
Review a list of the DBE firms that must submit an Annual Update form: April and October.
Please note that all updates must be completed online.
Five-Year DBE Certification Review
Once every five years, each DBE firm must undergo a Certification Review, rather than an Annual Update. The only differences for the firm are that a site review will be conducted and the Certification Review will be more detailed than an Annual Update.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these changes, contact Esh Muliyil by email or by calling 602.712.8533.
*Please note that companies that do not complete the DBE update process by April 1 or Oct. 1 of each year will cause their DBE status to become inactive, and prime contractors will not be able to receive DBE credit for their work done on contracts.
Read the instructions below for how to complete your DBE Annual Update submission.
Annual Update Instructions
Information and supporting documentation necessary to complete a DBE Annual Update and/or Five-Year Certification Reviews is due to the ADOT Business Engagement and Compliance Office (BECO) no later than April 1, 2014, or Oct. 1, 2014, based on where the firm's name falls in the alphabet (see information above).
If we do not receive your Annual Update through the online system by the appropriate date based on the criteria stated above, your DBE status can be removed for failure to cooperate.
Please note that all DBE Annual Updates will need to be submitted electronically.
To access the DBE Annual Update online application, please follow these steps:
- Go to adot.dbesystem.com.
- Type in your username and password in the "System Login for Returning Users Field." Please note that your username is your email address. If you do not know your password, please use the "Request Password Reset" system link in the right-hand column.
- Once you get to your dashboard, in the "Configure" box click on "Apply for Certification/Registration."
- In the "Select an Option" box, click the link marked "Your firm is currently certified by the Arizona Department of Transportation."
- In the same "Select an Option" box, click the link marked "It has been 1 year since your last DBE certification or Annual No Change Affidavit."
- Then, click the link marked "Submit a DBE Annual No Change Affidavit application."
- Click the radial button "Use Arizona Department of Transportation DBE Annual No Change Affidavit" to auto-fill the contact information on your DBE Certification Application.
- After you have answered all the questions, click "Continue." The next page will contain downloadable documents that you will need to complete the update.
- Click the "Download" links to print to the Affidavit of DBE Annual Update and Personal Financial Statement, check the box below the download links, and click "Continue." The next page will allow you to update any general information as well as info pertaining to ownership, control, DBE business financials and uploading supporting documentation.
- Click the "Sign" button and follow directions, then click the "Submit" button to complete the application process.
(Note: If you fail to sign and submit the application, it will auto-delete within two weeks.)
For those unable to scan documentation, a fax option is available, and the fax number is listed on the printable fax cover sheets in the document list section from step 9.
To complete your update, you will need to upload the following documentation into the online system:
- Your 2012 business and personal federal taxes. If you filed for an extension for 2012, please provide a copy of the filed extension along with your 2011 business and personal federal taxes.
- A signed Personal Financial Statement (the form is available for download in the system).
- A signed and notarized No Change Affidavit (also available for download in the system).
Note: There may be some DBE firms that may be due for a Five-Year Certification Review. These firms will follow the same procedure as above. The only difference will be that an on-site visit to the firm will be performed by an ADOT BECO officer as part of the review.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office:
For technical assistance with the website, please submit a support ticket located on the left-hand tab.