Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) Certification
Certify as a DBE
Companies that meet the requirements found in 49 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Part 26 can be certified as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) to work on transportation projects in the state of Arizona. Some of the requirements include, but are not limited to, these conditions:
- The company owner must be a U.S. citizen (or resident alien) and be a member of a socially or economically disadvantaged group, as defined in 49 CFR, Part 26.
- The disadvantaged individual must have a personal net worth (PNW) of less than $1,320,000.
- For construction-related work, a company (including its affiliates) must not have average annual gross receipts over the company's previous three fiscal years in excess of $23,980,000. The company must be a for-profit on-going small business where socially and economically DBE owner(s) own at least a 51 percent interest and have managerial and operational control of the business operations.
- The socially and economically DBE owner(s) must possess the power to direct or cause the direction to the management and policies of the company and to make both day-to-day and long-term decisions on matters of management, policy and operations.
- If state or local law requires the persons to have a particular license or other credential to own and/or control a certain type of company, then the socially and economically disadvantaged persons who own and control a potential DBE company of that type must possess the required license or credential.
To begin the online DBE certification process online, select the appropriate agency based on your location as AZUCP Partners are assigned statewide geographical areas for DBE certification application processing as follows:
¿Habla español? Toque aquí para el aplicación en español de DBE.
Update DBE Certification
Companies that are already certified DBEs need to complete an annual update to maintain their DBE certification. Please note that companies that do not complete the DBE update process by June 30 of each year will be decertified and have their DBE status deactivated. Click the links below and select Option 2.