Parkways, Historic and Scenic Roads Advisory Committee
The process for consideration of a scenic road can be initiated by any interested group or individual by requesting designation to the Parkways, Historic and Scenic Roads Advisory Committee (PHSRAC).
The PHSRAC reviews, prioritizes and evaluates the requests based on the established criteria and the quality of resources. Recommendations are then made to the State Transportation Board for the designation of favorable routes. The PHSRAC may also review significant changes that may require deletion of a designation to maintain the integrity of the program.
The advisory committee is comprised of 11 members:
- Six citizen appointees by the governor
- One member from the Arizona Department of Transportation
- One member from Arizona State Parks Board
- One member from the Arizona Historical Society
- One member from the Arizona Office of Tourism
- One member from the Tourism Advisory Council