November 21, 2012
The Arizona Department of Transportation is scheduling the following closures on the westbound I-10 frontage road and Freeway Industrial Loop, near Prince Road. The work is to build the other half of the traffic interchange for the I-10, Ruthrauff Road to Prince Road project.
- The westbound I-10 frontage road between Miracle Mile and Prince Road and the Freeway Industrial Loop south entrance will be closed temporarily on Friday, Nov. 30, from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m. to build a detour onto I-10. Crews will on site to direct traffic during this temporary closure.
- Beginning Dec. 1, there will be no access to Prince Road from the westbound I-10 frontage road for the remainder of the project.
- The westbound I-10 frontage road north access to Freeway Industrial Loop will become an entrance only.
- The westbound I-10 frontage road south access to Freeway Industrial Loop will become an exit only.
- Business access to Freeway Industrial Loop will remain open and traffic will be detoured to westbound I-10 to exit Freeway Industrial Loop.
- The westbound I-10 frontage road between Miracle Mile and Freeway Industrial loop will be reduced to one lane for the remainder of the project.
- The Prince Road traffic interchange at I-10 and the eastbound and westbound I-10 entrance and exit ramps remain closed through late 2013.
- Prince Road at I-10 is closed to vehicles, pedestrians and bicyclists.
- Runway Drive at Prince Road is closed through mid-December 2012. Drivers may use Romero Road and Gardner Lane as alternate routes.
- The eastbound I-10 frontage road will remain closed at Prince Road. Traffic is reduced to one lane and detoured at Commerce Drive to Fort Lowell Road and back onto the eastbound frontage road, north of Miracle Mile.
- The eastbound I-10 frontage road sections between Commerce Drive north of Prince Road and Fort Lowell Road south of Prince Road are two-way roads through spring 2013.
The construction schedule is subject to change due to a variety of reasons, including weather, material availability and mechanical difficulties. ADOT advises drivers to proceed through or near work zones with caution, slow down, and be alert for construction equipment and personnel.
For more information about this project please visit www.azdot.gov/statewide or contact Linda Ritter, Tucson District Senior Community Relations Officer, at 520.388.4266 or Paki Rico, ADOT Community Relations Officer, at 520.388.4233. Local media should contact the ADOT Public Information Office at 1.800.949.8057. Visit us on facebook or our web site for more information about ADOT. For more information about ADOT projects and programs across Arizona, see the agency's latest blog posts.