This $5.6 million road realignment project is located on US 60 between Globe and Show Low, between mileposts 304 and 310, about 10 miles west of Carrizo, and is on the White Mountain Apache Tribe Reservation.
This project is currently in winter shutdown with a projected restart in March 2014. Many projects throughout the state shut down during the winter until weather and temperature conditions improve.
Once work starts there will be likely delays for motorists traveling through this area due to restrictions through the area to construct the roadway improvements safely.
Included in the realignment of the roadway are these features:
- Extending drainage culverts
- Constructing a gabion wall (wire baskets filled with rocks)
- Milling and replacing asphaltic concrete
- Constructing a trench drain system
- Replacing guardrail
- Stabilizing slopes
- Replacing pavement markings and other miscellaneous work
ADOT will update the project's Web page once construction begins. Please sign up for email newsletters to keep up to date.