SR 77 Construction North of Tucson Oct. 1-11
Motorists traveling on SR 77 (Oracle Road), north of Oro Valley to Catalina, should be aware of the following traffic restrictions as the Arizona Department of Transportation has shifted traffic to the southbound side of SR 77 through December 2015.
The work is part of a project to widen the roadway between Tangerine Road and the Pinal County line.
- Graham Street at SR 77 will be closed beginning 6 a.m. Tuesday (Oct. 6) through 12 p.m. Wednesday (Oct. 7) for utility work. Traffic will be detoured to Cloudcrest Lane.
- The northbound SR 77 right-turn lanes at Pinto Lane and Eagle Crest Ranch Boulevard will be closed beginning 6 a.m. Wednesday (Oct. 7) through 1 p.m. Thursday (Oct. 8) for utility work.
- Pinal Street at SR 77 will be closed beginning 6 a.m. Wednesday (Oct. 7) through 1 p.m. Thursday (Oct. 8) for utility work. Traffic will be detoured to Everett Road
- Cloudcrest Lane at SR 77 will be closed beginning 6 a.m. Wednesday (Oct. 7) through 1 p.m. Thursday (Oct. 8) for utility work. Traffic will be detoured to Mainsail Boulevard.
- The southbound SR 77 left-turn lane at Eagle Crest Ranch Boulevard will be closed Thursday (Oct. 8) from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. for curb work.
North- and southbound SR 77 between Wilds Road and Eagle Crest Ranch Boulevard have been shifted to the newly paved lanes to allow crews to work on the median.
- The shared-use median is closed.
- Drivers may use the designated turn bays.
- U-turns are allowed at each turn bay.
- Left turns are restricted coming out of most business driveways.
Traffic has been shifted to the southbound side of SR 77 through the end of the year to allow crews to construct the east side of the new wildlife overpass and underpass and widen the northbound side of SR 77.
- North- and southbound SR 77 traffic will be unable to turn left between Wilds Road and Vistoso Commerce Loop during this work.
- Left turns will be allowed as follows:
- From Northbound SR 77 into Scenic Overlook Place
- From Northbound SR 77 into the Catalina Transfer Station
- From Southbound SR 77 into the Santa Catalina Catholic Church
- U-turns will be allowed at Wilds Road and Vistoso Commerce Loop Drive.
- The left turn restrictions from side streets onto SR 77 have been lifted.
Law enforcement will be monitoring this area as the speed limit has been reduced as follows:
- 40 mph from Tangerine Road to Rancho Vistoso Boulevard.
- 35 mph from Rancho Vistoso Boulevard to Eagle Crest Ranch Boulevard.
The north- and southbound State Route 77 shoulders between Tangerine Road and Eagle Crest Ranch Boulevard are closed through the remainder of the project.
Drivers, cyclists and pedestrian are urged to obey traffic control, stay away from where crews are working and be cautious while traveling through the work zone, especially in the detour area as shoulders will be significantly restricted.
In addition, please be aware of the following traffic control:
- Two lanes of travel in each direction will remain open through the work zone during the day.
- Additional lane restrictions throughout the work boundaries as needed.
- Cyclists will need to merge safely onto the traffic lane during shoulder closures.
ADOT works to inform the public about planned roadway restrictions, but there is a possibility that unscheduled closures or restrictions may occur due to weather or equipment issues.
Drivers are reminded to share the road, be cautious, and slow down while traveling through the work zone.
For more information about this project, please contact Paki Rico by calling 520.388.4233 or emailing [email protected].