The Arizona Department of Transportation will be improving the Loop 303 corridor to create a six-lane freeway with three general-purpose lanes in each direction between I-17 in Phoenix and I-10 in Goodyear.
The Loop 303 improvement project consists of several phases of construction, beginning and ending at different times during the next several years. As a result, the public should expect upcoming construction zones on Loop 303 as noted:
- Loop 303 / I-10 Traffic Interchange Phase II: Construction scheduled to begin 2016
- Loop 303 / US 60 (Grand Avenue) Interchange: Construction scheduled to November 2014
- El Mirage Traffic Interchange: Construction scheduled to begin early 2015
What to Expect
ADOT will maintain freeway-to-freeway connectivity and will always strive to minimize effects of construction on the motoring public, local residents and businesses. Please allow extra travel time through work zones and plan for these possible conditions:
- 35 mph speed limit in active work zones
- Short- and long-term road or intersection closures with detours
- Temporary bypasses or travel-lane shifts
- Single-lane restrictions
- Increased heavy-truck and construction-related traffic
- Flaggers or law-enforcement officers temporarily stopping or directing traffic
- Full-road closures if highly impactful construction activity is underway
- Approved detours will be in place to ensure continued traffic flow.