Phoenix Metro Area Projects
Loop 101 Widening Project: Shea Boulevard to Loop 202
- No left-turn movements onto Loop 101 under the bridge at McKellips Road will be allowed from 10 p.m. Monday (Oct. 27) to 5 a.m. Tuesday (Nov. 4). Partial restrictions of westbound lanes near the bridge at the Loop 101 will begin 10 p.m. Monday (Nov. 3) to 5 a.m. Tuesday (Nov. 4).
- The westbound Indian School Road left-turn lane to the southbound Loop 101 on-ramp will be closed from 5 a.m. Tuesday (Oct. 14) to 5 a.m. Friday (Nov. 21). One of the two eastbound left-turn lanes to northbound Loop 101 will be closed as well. Detour: Drivers can head south on Dobson Road and east on Thomas Road to access southbound Loop 101.
- The left-turn lane from westbound Indian Bend Road to the southbound Loop 101 on-ramp and one of the eastbound Indian Bend Road to northbound 101 on-ramp lanes will be closed for approximately five weeks (Oct. 22-Nov. 24). Detour: For westbound Indian Bend Road to southbound Loop 101, travel north on Dobson Road to Via De Ventura.
- The intersection at 90th Street and Pima Road will be closed under the freeway bridge for overhead barrier and landscape wall demolition from 10 p.m. Monday (Nov.3) to 5 a.m. Tuesday (Nov. 4) and again at 10 p.m. Friday (Nov.14) to 5 a.m. Monday (Nov.17). The freeway on- and off-ramps will remain open, but traffic will not be permitted to pass under the freeway in either direction. Detour: Southbound 90th Street to southbound Loop 101 on-ramp traffic will be detoured north to Shea Boulevard to access the southbound Loop 101. Northbound Pima Road to northbound Loop 101 on-ramp traffic will be detoured east on Via De Ventura to access the northbound Loop 101.
- The leftmost on- and off-ramp lanes at McDowell Road will be closed for landscape-wall demolition. This condition will result in closure of the inner eastbound McDowell Road to northbound Loop 101 on-ramp left-turn lane and both northbound and southbound Loop 101 off-ramp left-turn-only lanes. During these restrictions, the intent is to preserve all of the existing turning movements, but the number of lanes for each movement will be impacted. Work will take place every weeknight from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., Wednesday (Oct. 22) to Tuesday (Oct. 28).
- Westbound McDowell Road on-ramp closed to southbound Loop 101 for approximately four to five weeks, with the exception of Nov. 16. (Nov. 3-Dec.19).
ADOT will update these travel advisories as dates and times become available.