The Arizona Department of Transportation has begun construction on SR 89 (White Spar Road) between Cherry Street and Copper Basin Road.
Planned improvements are as follows:
- Widen the roadway to construct a continuous left-turn lane between milepost 310.00 and milepost 310.30 (Cherry Street to Copper Basin Road).
- Construct concrete curb, gutter, bike lanes and sidewalk from Peterson Lane to Copper Basin Road.
- Construct Americans with Disabilities Act-approved sidewalk ramps at intersections.
- Construct drainage improvements to accommodate the new curb, gutter and sidewalk.
- Construct retaining walls as needed to accommodate the new roadway and sidewalk.
- Construct driveways at residential and commercial locations along the roadway.
- Repave SR 89 throughout the project limits.
- Remove and install new guardrails, safety barriers or both.
- Remove and replace traffic signs.
Construction is expected to take approximately four months.