The Arizona Department of Transportation is working on the design for a project to enhance pedestrian access on the south side of California Avenue / SR 95 Spur between Kofa Avenue near the California state line and Seventh Street in the town of Parker.
Planned improvements include these features:
- New and improved sidewalks, curbs and gutters
- Pedestrian rest area featuring park benches and trash receptacles near the intersection of Second Street and California Avenue
- Landscaping enhancements
- Drainage and irrigation improvements
- New pavement markings
- Design is scheduled to be completed by winter 2013.
- Construction is scheduled to begin in spring 2014.
- Construction is anticipated to last approximately thee months.