In accordance with Administrative Rules R17-7-301(A)(10), fingerprints are required to be submitted with each application for a Commercial Driver License Third Party Examiner Certification, so that a state and federal criminal records check can be conducted. This process is coordinated through the Arizona Department of Public Safety. Fingerprint cards may be obtained from the CDLE section.
Please provide a single fingerprint card with a set of rolled fingerprints. Please make sure that the prints are legible. If they are smudged or blurred, the prints will be rejected and you will be required to submit an additional set.
While fingerprinting requirements vary depending on location, here are some general guidelines:
- Have at least one valid form of government-issued identification with a photograph available.
- You may be charged a fee by the fingerprinting agency.
- Sign the card in the presence of the law-enforcement officer or the fingerprint technician.
- You must have the individual rolling your fingerprints sign the card in the designated space.
- You must use the blue and white fingerprint card # FD-258.
Where to Obtain Fingerprinting Services
See the list of law-enforcement agencies where fingerprinting services are available.
This information is provided by the agencies listed and is subject to change.
Where to Send Fingerprint Card
Mail your completed fingerprint card, along with your application to this address:
ADOT/Motor Vehicle Division
CDL Examination Program
P.O. Box 2100, Mail Drop 515M
Phoenix AZ 85001
Please use one completed department-approved fingerprint card along with form #99-0141A Fingerprint Technician in a separate, sealed envelope. Do not send the fingerprint card to the Arizona Department of Public Safety or the Federal Bureau of Investigation.