What is it?
As an alternative to maintaining individual registrations, that expire at different times of the year, a vehicle owner may register some or all of their vehicles under one permanent fleet registration account. The registration for all vehicles in the perm fleet account will have the same expiration date.
Who is eligible?
Anyone owning two or more vehicles.
What are the benefits?
- Registration is paid for all vehicles in the fleet at the same time each year with a single payment.
- You choose the expiration month (month of payment) that best suits your finances.
- One PERM (permanent) tab issued per vehicle, which is not replaced at the time of registration renewal.
- One registration is initially issued per vehicle as usual, but is not replaced each year.
- You pay your annual fees, and the process is complete.
How do I apply?
Normal emissions testing and insurance requirements apply.
Does Fleet registration cost the same?
A one-time $2.00 identification fee is charged for each vehicle when it is added to a fleet.
Will my vehicles still have to be emissions tested?
Establishing a permanent fleet does not change the emissions requirements. If your vehicle required emissions testing prior to being added to the fleet, it will still be required.
How are fleet vehicles renewed?
Each year you will receive a renewal notice with a list of all vehicles that are currently registered in your fleet.
- If you have changes: Make any corrections/updates or delete vehicles.
- Return the renewal information to Fleet Services. We will send you a payment invoice.
- Or, visit any Authorized Third Party Provider.
- If you have no changes: Just make your payment online (after completing any required emissions tests as usual).
Can I make partial payments?
No, the entire amount must be paid in full.
How can I make my registration payment?
Options available for payment are:
- Online: credit card or e-check
- Mail: credit card, check or money order
- In Person: payment to an Authorized Third Party Provider
Why do you ask for the county where the vehicle is domiciled and driven?
The county is needed for the proper distribution of the vehicle license tax (VLT).
Is there a charge for replacing a lost registration or plate?
The charge for replacing a lost plate is $5.00, plus postage/handling. There is no cost to replace a lost or damaged permanent fleet registration document.