Special Restricted Driver License
In cases involving driver license suspension/revocation resulting from a DUI-related violation date on or after Feb. 1, 2006, you may be eligible for a special restricted driver license if you have:
- contacted us to verify eligibility (or have received a notice of eligibility from us).
- no other outstanding withdrawal actions pending on your driving record.
- installed an ignition interlock on your vehicle and provided us proof with a "Verification of Installation" form.
- complied with mandatory alcohol treatment programs (if required) and submitted proof of completion to us.
- submitted proof of future financial responsibility to us (e.g., certificate of automobile liability insurance known as an SR22).
- paid all applicable fees.
A special ignition-interlock restricted driver license is valid only during the period of suspension or revocation and allows vehicle operation between these locations:
- Place of employment and residence during specified periods of time while at employment
- Place of residence, the person's place of employment and the person's secondary or postsecondary school according to the person's employment or educational schedule
- Place of residence and a treatment or screening facility for scheduled appointments
- Place of residence and the office of the person's probation officer for scheduled appointments
- Place of residence and the office of a physician or other health-care professional
- Place of residence and a certified ignition interlock device service facility