Duplicate Your License
You may obtain a replacement (duplicate) license for $12 if you meet one of these conditions:
- Your Arizona driver license or identification card is lost, stolen or destroyed or becomes unreadable. (If your license has been lost or stolen and you have reason to believe someone else is using it, you should report it to your local police as an identity theft.)
- Your address or name has changed.
- You wish to update your photo.
- You wish to remove your Social Security number from your license.
- You wish to convert a graduated license to an Under 21 driver license (anytime on or after your birthday).
- You wish to convert an Under 21 license to a regular driver license (anytime on or after your birthday).
You must provide two acceptable items of identification. If your name has changed, you will need to follow the procedures listed in the Changing Your Address or Name section.
If your license was issued prior to July 1995, you must visit an MVD office to obtain the duplicate so that your photo may be updated.
To obtain a replacement (duplicate) license, you have three options:
- Online: $12 (Master Card, Visa, American Express, Discover credit cards only)
- Phone: $12 (Master Card, Visa, American Express, Discover credit cards only)
- Mail: $12 by check, payable to Motor Vehicle Division. Mail to the address below. Please allow four weeks for delivery.
Motor Vehicle Division
P.O. Box 2100
Phoenix, AZ 85001
Renew Your License
You cannot renew your license online. You may renew your driver license anytime before the expiration date of your current license. You must complete a Driver License / Identification Card Application, visit an MVD office, have a new photo taken and pass a vision screening. There is no formal notification process to renew your license.
You will submit your current driver license as your primary identification document. If we cannot retrieve your photo, you will be asked for a secondary form of identification. See Identification Requirements for a list of acceptable proof of identification.