Temporary residents, such as out-of-state students and their spouses, or military personnel and their immediate family members, may apply for a five-year license regardless of age.
The information of foreign applicants will be processed in accordance with Arizona authorized presence requirements.
For more information, see the Driver License FAQ.
To apply for a driver license or identification card, you will need to complete a Driver License / Identification Card Application.
Tips for Faster Service
- Begin your application online before you come.
- Best days to visit are usually Wednesday and Thursday.
- Avoid the first and last two days of the month, and the day after a holiday or other office closure.
- Bring acceptable proof of identification, age and authorized presence.
- Bring your out-of-state driver license.
- Vehicles new to Arizona may require an inspection.
- Bring your out-of-state title, registration and plates.
- Have your vehicle identification number (VIN) handy.