The requirements for an “Easy” Class C are similar to those for a regular Class C permit, except that the “Easy” permit will not require a bridge engineering analysis and will be issued only to vehicles that do not exceed all of the following weight and size dimensions:
- 16 ft wide
- 16 ft high
- 120 ft overall – vehicle and load combination length
- 80,000 lbs combined gross vehicle weight
- Within statutory axle group weight limits
- Complete either the Manufacturer Housing Class C Permit Application, form # 70-9900 or the Oversize/Overweight Class C Permit Application, form # 70-9901, as appropriate. To avoid delays in processing approvals and issuance of a permit, please ensure the application is legible and complete, that all information is accurate and that the dimensions are load specific. Permit service companies must provide the transporter/hauler phone number.
- Your company name is entered into our Transport System for issuance and tracking of permits. Therefore, it is important that the company name be spelled the same each time an application is submitted.
- When purchasing the actual permit, ensure that the dimensions, weights, truck unit numbers, etc., are the same as submitted for approval in this application.
- Fax the application to 602-712-3380.
- An engineer analysis fee of $125 per 50-mile increments will be charged for those loads that do not meet R17-6-411, Tables 3.01 through 3.09. Prior to issuance of a permit, all analysis fees must be paid by check or money order and made payable to the Arizona Department of Transportation. Loads over 250,000 lbs., over-axle weight or exceeding posted bridge weights are reviewed by ADOT Bridge Operations section. Engineering analysis could take up to two weeks. Certified weights will be required. Failure to provide the correct weights could result in a second analysis by the ADOT Bridge Group and additional charges.
- The Class C approval is not a permit. The Class C unit can issue permits, provided the customer has an EZ Pay Account established with the MVD. If not, permits must be obtained through an MVD port of entry or the Arizona Commercial Permits office. To create an EZ Pay account, contact ServiceArizona Business Coordinator at 602-712-4039 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Class C permit fee for loads no greater than 18 feet in height, width and 80,000 lbs. is $30. Loads over 80,000 lbs. are $40. Loads greater than 18 feet in height and width, but not over 80,000 lbs. are $90 and $100 for overweight.
- Class C approval is valid for five working days. An extension of time on an approval must be requested prior to the expiration date of an approval and before purchasing a permit.
- Class C approvals/permits are valid on State and Interstate highways only.
- Normal time frame for the completion of a Class C approval is 48 hours, from the date and time the request is received (excluding weekends and state holidays). To check if approval is completed, please contact the MVD port of entry or the Arizona Commercial Permits office, as you indicated on this application.
When submitting an application, please advise if requesting 3:00 am or weekend movement for loads up to 16 feet wide and 16 feet high. The entire route must be a part of those designated for night/weekend movement (see R17-6-405 A and B and 406 A and B).
NOTE: No changes will be made once the permit has been issued, except for extensions due to weather or breakdown situations (see R17-6-106).